There’s no chance of a Parent of the Year award for whoever wrote this Quora question

A contender for Parent of the Year* posted this problem on the question and answer site Quora.

*sarcasm

This response was utterly brutal – but thoroughly deserved.

Reddit users on the r/MurderedByWords forum had no sympathy for the unwelcoming parent.

As a parent of grown kids, I wanted them to spread their wings and fly. I’ve encouraged them to pursue their dreams. I’m also sad that they are grown and gone.

I never understood how a parent can toss their kid out.
JT_365

I wouldn’t just throw my child out, especially if I had the room for them, and could help them save money.
Rodoxide

The next Quora post will be “My college-aged daughter has stopped talking to me and won’t come visit after I told her it was time for her to grow up and be a responsible adult and move away from home. She has children now and I’m not allowed to see them. What can I do to make her see that I was right?”
Evilsir

My mom wouldn’t let us move out because she wanted us focused on studies not struggling to pay rent. She didn’t curb our social activities and it was nice to not worry about rent and bills for a few years.
CleoCarson

I saw a tiktok about a woman that said her dad got mad that she would put him in a nursing home when he got too old and couldn’t take care of himself, but that the same man kicked her out on the same day of her high-school graduation.
kriminalsugarcookie

I lived in the dorms when I was in college, but lived at home for awhile after I graduated. My folks didn’t ask for rent because they wanted me to save up to get my own place. I DID, however, buy groceries and pay part of the utilities – and also did a lot of the housework, since my mother also worked full time. There’s no way in hell they would have told me “time to leave the nest”.
LadyV21454

Who’s going to tell her that currently 60% of people between the ages of 18 and 26 live at home now?
Oscarwinner88

This is as good an explanation as any.

Some people are just assholes.
I_Frothingslosh

from Jennifer Aniston GIFs via Gfycat

WANT MORE POKE?
Get the best of the day’s posts delivered direct to you by joining The Poke+ on Facebook

READ MORE

The babysitter’s takedown of this outrageously entitled parent is simply magnificent

Source r/MurderedByWords Image r/MurderedByWords, Element5 Digital on Unsplash

The post There’s no chance of a Parent of the Year award for whoever wrote this Quora question appeared first on The Poke.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires