The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons didn’t realise he had coronavirus

The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons has revealed he and his husband Todd Spiewak had coronavirus in March.

The Sheldon Cooper actor shared the news on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and explained that he didn’t realise he had Covid-19 until he lost his sense of taste and smell.

‘Yeah, we had it. Todd and I both had it early on, it was like middle of March,’ Jim said.

‘We didn’t know what it was. We thought we had colds. And then, it seemed less likely and then finally we lost our sense of smell and taste.

‘Utterly, and it defied the descriptions. For me, I didn’t realise how completely taste and smell could be gone. And when you’re in quarantine and there’s really nothing to do but eat. Oh my God, that was brutal.’

He added: ‘I ate everything, I just didn’t taste it. Definition of wasted calories.’

Jim Parsons
Jim Parsons had coronavirus in March (Picture: NBC)
Jim Parsons and his husband
Jim and his husband Todd both beat the virus (Picture: Getty)

Jimmy then asked how Jim’s iconic Big Bang Theory character Sheldon would be coping in quarantine.

‘He was built for this,’ Jim enthused.’This is the moment he was waiting for.

Jim Parsons' Sheldon Cooper in The Big Bang Theory
Jim revealed how he thinks Sheldon would be coping in lockdown (Picture: CBS)

‘I was saying earlier, we had an entire episode which I didn’t think about until recently where he would have like a Shel-bot where he had like a video screen on a remote control wheelie thing.

‘And that was when people still needed to get together in groups and so he would just send that out and sit in his room. Don’t touch me don’t sneeze on me. And so, I guess, he’d be fine.’

Got A Story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires