Man collects lottery winnings disguised as Darth Vader

And other stories from the stranger side of life

One-Minute Read
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 - 5:36am

A man who won a lottery jackpot of more than £480,000 concealed his identity by collecting his winnings dressed as Darth Vader. The Jamaican man told officials at Supreme Ventures that he bought his ticket at Di Endz Sports Bar in May Pen, Clarendon. “I come from a poor family, sometimes I couldn't attend school because my parents didn't have it, but I told myself that God will help me one day so I can help my family,” he said.

Serial record breaker wins chopstick challenge 

A man in Idaho man broke a Guinness World Record when he threw 19 chopsticks in one minute in to the centre of an archery target. David Rush, who has broken more than 150 Guinness World Records to promote STEM education, said the challenge was harder than he thought once he realised his chopsticks would need to hit and stay in the 12.6-inch diameter inner circle of the target.

Chef locks himself away from angry punter 

A chef locked himself in the kitchen when an angry tourist wouldn’t accept that the tea room was closed. Richard Holt The chef, who runs Melin Llynnon mill and tea room in Anglesey in Wales, said the visitor became increasingly angry when he told him the venue was closed. “He began shouting even louder and squared up to me aggressively, cursing, all the while with his young pre-teen son in earshot,” he said.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
For a round-up of the most important stories from around the world - and a concise, refreshing and balanced take on the week’s news agenda - try The Week magazine. Start your trial subscription today
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires